So here we are. Back in the blogging world. I can hardly keep one but I have this appetite to record my adventures somewhere. I've always been fascinated by antiques and old things. The unique style, quality, and design of items of days gone by. My favorite era is probably the 1950's, dabbling in 40's and 60's also. I love the thrill of finding some amazing in a place where it is unwanted. Flea markets, garage sales, thrifts, and the trash are where I find most of my vintage.
You say, what is a girl to do with so much stuff? Well, I have found a wonderful vintage mall to rent a space to make my "shop." I moved in there at the beginning of this year into a small space. As sales picked up, so did my inventory, and thus my need for a large space to put furniture and clothing in. After 6 months in the shop I finally got the word that I was moving to a large space in the back! Now, to cover the lime green walls! I choose the classic turquoise and pink 1950's color scheme to paint and a few bright rugs for the floor. And after some heavy lifting, tons of sorting, repairing, cleaning and pricing, voila! My little shop is running! Sales increase every day so I'm spending more and more time finding the goods. We'll get into this last weekend's pick in the next post so stay tuned.

No comments:
Post a Comment