Tuesday, August 2, 2011
2 in 1 Day: Post 1
Sorry about the delay, I've been so busy this past week! Anyhoo, I'm going to cover the last two weekends in one post here today. Two weekends ago I found this sale that I was dying to attend! Everything, I mean every single thing in the house was from the 50's and 60's. However, I was having my own garage sale so I could not attend. I told myself I cannot go to every single great sale and just accepted that I wasn't going to make it. My own sale went well, and waking up Sunday morning I had that cash burning a hole in my pocket! I asked Tim and he agreed to some last minute Sunday garage sale-ing. So we headed up to the Friendly area (older part of town) and drove around looking for signs. 20 minutes and not a single sign later I was desparate to following any sign to a garage sale. Finally! a little white sign directed us up several small one-ways and then there it was: the sale of my dreams. It was the one from the day before and they were still well stocked! I hurried to the driveway with cash in hand and the man greeted us, letting us know that everything was free. FREE?! I exclaimed, grabbing a mid-century lounge chair and running to the car. He told us he needed to get rid of everything by that evening and was happy to hear we were about to load up a good chunk of it. We filled my little car to the brim but there was still one thing- A 1960's sleeper sofa that looked untouched since the day it was purchased. They noticed my interest in it and offered to drop it off to my house that evening. I happily agreed and finally got them to accept a few bucks for gas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment